For sunny days horseback, these Guatemalan palm leaf hats have become a staple around our ranches. Unshaped hats are perfect for customizing to personal preferences. Just submerge your hat in water, shape it to your liking, and let it dry.
- made in Guatemala from palm leaf
- includes a handmade vegetable-tanned leather hatband from our shop
- the included hatband is natural colored leather
- for additional hat bands or other colors, hat bands are also sold separately
WET IT. SHAPE IT. LOVE IT.
The beauty of a Sunbody hat is that it can be shaped to any style you like, making it a versatile option for men and women alike. Whether you want a buckaroo flat brim, a cattleman's crown, or something in between, you can shape it yourself to your liking. All you need is a little water!LEARN HOW TO SHAPE YOUR HAT
FINDING YOUR SIZE
Our Sunbodies are Guatemalan hats, which have a foam-padded cotton twill sweatband that tends to shrink about 1% with heat and moisture. This is about 1/2 of a hat size (1/16" diameter). We recommend buying a Sunbody that is just a little bit loose to allow for this shrinkage. This usually means buying one size larger than you normally wear.
When checking the size of hats, Sunbody's criterion is that a hat should be at least the size marked on the label. That is, a 7-1/8 should be AT LEAST a 7-1/8 but not as large as a 7-1/4.
To Determine Your Hat Size:
- Measure around your head where you wear your hats in inches (circumference). Use a soft tailor's tape or a piece of string, making sure not to pull tighter than you would like your hat to fit.
- Use the following chart to determine your hat size:
|Head Circumference||Normal Hat Size||Recommended Sunbody Hat Size|
|21" to 21-3/8"||6 3/4||6 7/8|
|21-3/8" to 21-3/4"||6 7/8||7|
|21-3/4" to 22-1/4"||7||7 1/8|
|22-1/4" to 22-5/8"||7 1/8||7 1/4|
|22-5/8" to 23"||7 1/4||7 3/8|
|23" to 23-3/8"||7 3/8||7 1/2|
|23-3/8" to 23-3/4"||7 1/2||7 5/8|
COMPLETE THE LOOK
Add one of our favorite Sunbody accessories.
A braided horsehair stampede string, so that you never have to worry about losing your hat.SHOP NOW
Leather Knot Hat Band
Get an extra hatband or two, or choose another color to style your hats differently.SHOP NOW
Leather Knot Bracelet
Keep the knot theme going with a bracelet to complement the band of your hat.SHOP NOW